21 January 2008

snow day

MLK day. I had it off. Jon did not.

We met for lunch at Crossroads Delicatessan. Looked kinda like Perkins. Tasted better, I think? I dunno. We had a good server who started us off with 3 pickeled beets and 2 pickels. The only condiment on the table is mustard. ReAnn is in heaven.

We ordered the big matzo ball soup (heard it was fab) & split a Kevin's combo - hot pastrami & corned beef w.pepperjack on rye. Jon ordered a vanilla malt. All but the pepperjack was great! (don't need cheese on the monster). Oh yeah, Jon didn't like the baked beans. (who really likes baked beans.. really?) ..

I would like to go again to try the cabbage rolls & goulash.. but maybe not for a bit. It was definitely worth the drive because I've never had any of the things we ordered (cept the malt -- I still like shakes better, but at least Jon got vanilla..yay).

Today I got my pan that makes donuts. Too bad I did so much sitting today & didn't feel like baking.. *sigh* .......... soon!