13 January 2008

remember the sabbath day

guess we didn't. saturday we were off to fishmans, when jon remembered saturday is sabbath day & uh, whaddya know, fishman's observed said occassion by not being open.

alas, we continued our S K I themed monthiversary (too cold for real skiing, we defaulted to an S, K & I activity followed by some skeeball), we watched little miss Sunshine w.lemon corn waffles (yum VWAV) and took a Showever (S) at home for breakfast. Our K-backup was Kiev, a European market I heard about on chowhound, and only drove by probably 100+ times (on 7th just past river road in st paul) in my life w.out noticing it.

It was so fun! Like an asian market, but almost even better foods. (why they sell injera is beyond me, but I'll take it). I FINALLY HAD BORSCHT. Did I love it? Yes, I did. Jon had the salami sandwich. It was fun. We had pierogi's unlike any we'd had before (or at least me - I thought they were dumplings, not fried pastries). They were good, but did I mention fried. Yeah. Next time, cabbage rolls, or a smoked salmon sandwich (4.99!), but definitely more borscht. Salty goodness of love.

The *I*.. well, it was my own fault. Since we were already in St Paul & I love Jon, I took him to Izzys. Everyone loves it there. Everyone but me. I had good ice cream (green tea), but wasn't satisfied. Next time getting the little B. 3 izzys with a banana. I will like it.

Skee ball was NUTS. Or I guess.. Chuck E Cheese was nuts. There was a line out the door b/c they reached fire code (and table) capacity. We sucked it up and waited, and had fun while were there. No better deal in town (no wonder it's busy)... but it's not food.

So yeah, then we went to the Irish dancing party and had some good Reuben Dip & some shrimp thing dip. Those with the sushi were my favs. Cake like crazy - carrot, pound, etc etc.. I controlled myself (not really). Jon had too much red wine (that'll learn ya, it's not good stuff).

Sunday I skipped breakfast (okay I had some of david's stuff at like 113o), then some dominos pizza. Dominos serves a mean green olive pizza. Seriously, it's nice. You don't feel like you're going to die afterward or anything. Mushroom is also nice.

We missed something good at Broders, but I survived by making something good at home. Jon was nice to me and said this was my best cooking week ever. High expectations for this week.