04 January 2008

New Year

The eve of the new year, we headed to Pazzaluna with Stillwater.

I had some awesome food, others' was mediocre. It started off by them given us olive tapenade for our bread. That, was awesome. Jon split some pretty good calamari w.Andy.

For my meal I had parsnip soup w.seared tuna (hello. yum.). Easily tasty. The tuna was served weird(ly), but I ate it up w.style. Accompanying said soup was my beet salad w.feta, endive, sprouts, and onions. It was actually a lot of beets.. nicely done (could have been from a can for all I care, they didn't have crappy spices on them). I stole a bunch of appetizer bread before they heisted it from our table to dip in my soup. It was really nice =)

The night was good, too..

The next day we went to the Holy Land buffett up on Central. It was nothing short of fanastic.. just what we needed. They put sumac on their onions and had SUPER PICKELED beets -- and that was only 2 of the 10 awesome things on the condiment bar.. I almost skipped taboulli b/c everything else was so damn intruiging.

Their Chicken Gyro was drenched in curry powder, but was actually really good. I think it had pickeled onions or something in it. The best thing I ate was the Lemon Yogurt Chicken. I could eat that all day, I think. The cinnamon rice + lamb was also realllly good.. but that Yogurt Chicken, I can't stop tasting it. Good lil desserts, too. Now I know what to get from the menu if we're at the MGM.

=)