09 April 2008

while supplies last

I thought since I will be eating hospital food for a while that last night was a good time to continue using up our MPR card b1g1 frees for April.

As a result Jon & I went to Broder's last night.

This place is always good, never dying to go back even though it is always oh so good. Maybe I don't enjoy the atmosphere or something, because it's really not that expensive, and it is really nice, good service, great selection.. who knows. Maybe it's because it's just frickin pasta, and we can make that ourselves.. never sounds exciting,.. I dunno?

Anyway, last night I got something I cannot make... and, it was AWESOME.

From their menu, verbatim:
1. rotolo di mare
housemade pasta rolled with crab and salmon and a lemon, dill & tomato beciamella $13.50

I would recommend everyone & their brother, and even everyone they hate go try this. It's awesome.. hands down awesome. Seriously. It was even cute.. looked like a sushi roll, or a jelly roll.. super fun. BTW - it tasted awesome.

Jon got:
19. strascinati di Monteleone di Spoleto
housemade stringozzi with mild sausage, guanciale, ground chili peppers,
pecorino & eggs $13.25

it was good. I wouldn't order it again (checked off the list). The noodles were the most fun part. savory/salty.


I love Jon.

~